Monday, February 1, 2010

# 44 Make a headboard



With a little help from my friends, I have "design on a dimed" my bedroom. What started out as blank white walls and bland decor became a retro room I am pretty of proud of. Not only did I make the headboard, I also sewed the curtains. You must know this is quite an accomplishment for the anti Martha Stewart. I feel compelled to tell you the room did not transform without a few speed-bumps. There were several colorful words that blew through the walls during the sewing project. Did I mention I hate sewing? And poor Ben will probably be a little leery to offer his help in hanging anything the next time.
So to Ben, I appreciated your help very much. What a hot hunk of a manly man you are winging your drill and screwdrivers around;) Thank you Mom. What a HUGE help you were with the curtains. And thanks to my good friend, Trina, where it all began. It was your vision and guidance that started if off.
P.S. - If you like this room, then you need to visit Trina's design web site www.deezeyener.com. She is a sweet and talented interior designer that has remained so patient with me while I slowly transformed the room.

2 comments:

SillyHille said...

Jamie, that's awesome!
I have seen the before, I'm totally impressed! and also impressed w/ Ben, for his handyness too.

Good job. Are you up for hire?? ;)

Northeast Whitewater said...

Experience the thrill of Maine rafting and whitewater rafting in Greenville Maine on Maine's best rivers. Northeast Guide Service offers guided Maine white water rafting in the Moosehead Lake Region, Greenville Maine. Give as a call at 888-484-3317 and let us put together a Maine adventure vacation package for you. You adventure begins here!
http://www.northeastguideservice.com